Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Diagon Dragon

Countdown to Halloween - Day 6

I used to take my son to see Harry Potter movies as he was growing up and of course after you've seen the first 3 or 4 you have to watch them all, even though your son is grown and not around to see the final ones with you. Needless to say I'm somewhat versed in all that is Harry Potter!

My brother and his family flew down to visit and attend Halloween Horror Nights with us this year. We spent the day prior at Universal Studios Theme Park re-visiting the older attractions and the new Diagon Alley.


We had recently talked to one of the guys involved with sculpting the fire breathing dragon so I was pretty blown away when I saw the size of this thing atop Gringott's Bank. We couldn't get a fix on the timing it but pretty sure it breathes fire at random times between 10 and 20 minutes.


Hopefully after the time change I'll be able to get a dusk or night shot of this monster. I really think the Harry Potter areas at both parks makes Universal Studios a strong contender with Disney World for Halloween. Certainly a "must see" if your a Harry Potter fan.

Now, I wonder if the Home Owner's Association would allow us to have a dragon atop the house...

No comments:

Post a Comment