Wednesday, April 15, 2015

A Monster Mallet

We haven't done very much for character development at Shingle Creek Manor  except for the evolving "Niethra" Voodoo witch which will get some costuming upgrades this year.

I've been chastised by "Niethra" and some haunt friends that I would much rather watch the trick or treaters and keep the foggers, lights and sound system in check as get costumed up. I can only congratulate my critics on their perceptivity...

Unfortunately, the evolution of Shingle Creek Manor and the lack of nearby friends with our same particular Halloween obsession is going to require me to work on my monstery-ness this season and suit up.

As luck would have it we obtained the potential weapon for said new monster during our recent trip to Transworld . At the "Haunter's Hangout" raffle we won a massive mallet hammer from Asylum Props! While it wouldn't have been my first thought for a weapon I do have to admit it is really cool.


Even cooler, Richard Teachout, owner of Asylum Props said it was cast from an actual old carnival mallet used by the carnival workers big enough to wield the thing. It was used to drive the three foot stakes holding the carnival tents. I'm all about a design with a history... dark carnival actors and clowns would love this thing.

The texture detail and paint of the mallet is amazing! Think I have to age the newer looking handle though...
Special thanks to Richard Teachout and "Asylum Props" for his donation to the "Haunter's Hangout" group. Make sure to "Like" the Asylum Props Facebook page and tell Richard hello.

Receiving our Asylum Props Sledge from Jwal Twisted Seed at Haunter's Hangout, Transworld!

No comments:

Post a Comment