Sunday, April 5, 2015

Transworld and The Black Plague

Seems like we've been planning on attending Transworld's Halloween and Attractions trade show pretty much since we started building Shingle Creek Manor. Each year something usually kept us from it, but this year we were able to make the drive to St. Louis  and had a few great days seeing all the cool new Halloween toys manufacturers had to offer. It was everything I was led to believe it would be and then some!

Lots of creatures roaming the showroom floor. Belinda had a few laughs with this guy.
Couple of my favorite vendors, although it would be impossible to pick any one as my favorite, everybody had something good to offer:






Of course we also got to meet up with some friends from Haunter's Hangout, and even met a few that up until Transworld we had only socialized with on the internet. The Haunter's Hangout folks had a nice rest up  area and meeting place on the showroom floor. We tried to say hi to as many as possible but there was just so much to see on the showroom, we did miss quite a few.

Distortion's Unlimited Frankenstein helping me locate vendors on the map.
All in all a fun week until the last day when I managed to catch the Black Plague, or at least what I expect the Black Plaque would feel like. Luckily the worst of the fever was after the two day return drive home but it did cut our trip short by a day. This one has taken me quite a while to get over and as of today I still get exhausted just walking across the room. I wasn't the only one that got this crud though from the Facebook posts I've read. I guess it could have been worse had I gotten sick the first couple days at the convention.

Face Off's Nix Herrera showing off some of his amazing airbrush makeup
I'm not sure we will ever spend the money to attend Transworld again but it was a fun experience and a massive congregation of monster and horror imagination that has to be seen at least once by anyone who loves Halloween and or horror.


No comments:

Post a Comment