Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Just Some Thoughts...



Not that I haven't been creating creepy things, just need to focus on Halloween at home this year

It's has been over 4 years since I did anything related to my Shingle Creek Manor yard haunt. It doesn't seem that long. Perhaps it does and I am trying to justify how such a long time can pass during which  I disregarded something I was so passionate about. Maybe a little of both. I can come up with excuses including an abrupt change in marital status and a macular degeneration hat has taken most of the vision from an eye. In the end though, it has just been a choice to focus my attention on other things I suppose.

As I begin my 4th week, (6th week? ...10th week?) of seclusion from the outside world and hopefully protecting the people I cherish and myself from the dreaded Covid, it occurred to me that if we ever needed to engage in the things we have passion for, it would be now. At some point all this hysteria will end.  People will want to engage with each other and do the things together that bring them joy. The celebration of holidays,  and of course, Halloween, will be more important than ever. I cant imagine a year with no Halloween, no children dressing as their favorite character, no trick-or-treaters or no seasonal decorating. Now is the time people and especially children need the escape from reality that Halloween brings, and some time to laugh and to smile.

I do need to step up to the plate for my little corner of the world. ..


5 comments:

  1. Mark - What a joy to hear from you! I have missed your excellent posts and creative talent. I hope you get back to the haunt as your creations are amazing. I am such a fan girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sorry Lady M! I havent been able to repsond to anyone on my Safari browser and finally gave up and downloaded another browser. Hopefully this works! Thank you for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. I really miss seeing all your "beautiful" creations ... 🖤

    Sorry I'm so late in commenting! I still haven't really gotten back into the Blogger routine of seeing who's posted yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynne! Had browser and Blogger problems and haven't been able to respond to anyone! Sorry! I'm often jealous of your decorating style in your beautiful home too but then I remember your Winter photos...then not so much! :)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete