Friday, February 24, 2012

The Return of Kolchak: The Night Stalker = Super Cool!

Kolchak: The Night Stalke
One of my favorite childhood TV series was Kolchak: The Night Stalker. I just read its being remade as a movie starring Johnny Depp and directed by Edgar Wright (Shaun of the Dead).  Kolchak was a crime reporter and he investigated and get caught up in all these cool supernatural crimes with vampires and zombies and demons and such. My favorite episode was "Chopper" about a headless motorcyle rider come back to kill people that had murdered him.

Kolchak is actually credited with the inspiration behind X-Files (not the alien conspiracy episodes but the episodes where there wasn't an alien). I know most people won't remember it unless you've seen the re-runs but trust me it was super cool and tapping Johnny Depp to play Kolchak in the remake is brilliant! I'm psyched!

No comments:

Post a Comment