Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Missed October 1...WTH!

OK I got distracted and missed day one of "Count Down to Halloween". Maybe I can do some sort of blogger penance...

I did however watch both new episodes of Travel channel's "Making Monsters".  Actually I never saw the ads or previews because I don't watch Travel Channel that often, but it was scheduled on our DVR to record from last years episodes and sure enough I had two brand new episodes waiting for me on October 1! What a nice treat!

If you didn't watch it last year and enjoy Halloween prop building it's an excellent program about "Distortions Unlimited", a mom and pop monster making shop in Greeley, Colorado owned by and operated by Ed and Marsha Edmunds. They're always under some ridiculous time constraint to create and deliver a new prop, but it's fascinating to watch the builds and realize other people have bad luck sometimes trying to get their props together too!

So That's my excuse...I was watching TV...

Ed Edmunds airbrushing details on new zombie prop

6 comments:

  1. I think the Great Pumpkin will forgive you just this once ;)
    I love that show! I feel the same way. It's comforting to see that they run into problems just like humbled home haunters do :) I like seeing their methods of doing things.
    Travel channel has been showing some great Halloween stuff (Making Monsters & Halloween Crazy are coming on tonight), so keep your eyes peeled. Also, Syfy has FaceOff which is fantastic :) Check it out it you haven't already ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BIG "Faceoff" fan too Countess! "Halloween Crazy"? How did I miss that one?! Thx! Halloween Wars on the Food network starting on the 7th too!

      Delete
  2. I can barely muster up enough to go to a haunted attraction and blog through the month. I give you and the other prop builders out there a ton of credit for spending your free time on projects that get displayed for only a month and, for some, even only a day.

    I am with you on the watching tv as an excuse for missing the opportunity of doing other things, though. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's okay. Two posts on October 2nd and all is forgiven ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never miss an episode of FaceOff and now following it on the same channel (Space) is Hot Set, another fabrication type show but the ins and outs of creating movie sets, really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was hoping to see more fabrication of props on Hot Set, been watching it but I like Face Off much better.

      Delete